A loving community in Christ where we Call People to Faith, Develop them as Disciples, and Send them to Service
What is the source of the wars and the fights among you? Don’t they come from the cravings that are at war within you? You desire and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and don’t receive because you ask wrongly, so that you may spend it on your desires for pleasure.
Adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? So whoever wants to be the world’s friend becomes God’s enemy. Or do you think it’s without reason the Scripture says that the Spirit He has caused to live in us yearns jealously?
But He gives greater grace. Therefore He says: God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Therefore, submit to God. But resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people! Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your laughter must change to mourning and your joy to sorrow. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.
• Pray for the people who lead our worship servies
• Pray for our Prayer Ministry – Parlor Prayer Group, Prayer Shawl Ministry, prayer learning experiences, and this prayer devotion
• Pray for our Lay Pastor Ministry - Shepherd, Lay Pastors and their flock members
• Pray for our educational programs: Preschool, Sunday school, Study groups
• Pray for our youth programs: GIFT, YDs, Acts Alive, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts
• Pray for the learning and fellowship we have each month
• Pray for those who seek to join the fellowship of all believers
• Pray for our music ministry: Chancel Choir, youth Choir, Children's choir, Gathering Band, bell ringers
• Pray for the people who lead us in our outreach programs: Medical Ministries, Crisis Ministry, Pastor's Pantry, Life Center and so many more
• Thank God for the Son He sent us
• Pray for the staff, Elders, and Deacons
• Pray for the implementation of the retructuring plan
• Pray that our government may find middle ground in its decision-making
• Pray for the leadership in the world, nation, state, and our local community
• Ask God to prepare your heart for Sunday's worship and activities
• Ask the Lord for a steady spirit toward individual study and devotion time
Praying as a congregation for our church is a responsibility of membership. Please use this guide in meeting this responsibility.